Editing Registry is a task that are best handled by people that are really knowledgeable in computers. But even if you are a PC expert or novice user it is always the best thing that you make sure that you first export the keys in the registry that you plan to edit, or back up the whole registry before you try to edit your registry settings. It is a very good practice to always backup your registry because if a problem occurs, you can just restore your registry to its previous state.
These are the easy steps on how you can backup your registry keys:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In the Save in box, select the box at the bottom the bottom according to weather you want to export all or only selected branches of the registry.
- Next select a location in which to save the backup .reg file. In the File name box, type a file name, and then click Save.
If in case a disaster happen you can follow these one easy simple step to restore your registry to it’s previous state.
- To restore registry keys that you exported, Locate your registry backup file and then double-click the .reg file that you saved.