What is Google redirect virus?
Who are usually the victim of this Google redirect virus?
Where can you get Google Redirect Virus?
How can you get rid of Google Redirect Virus?
- The first thing you need to do is download tdsskiller from the following link and save it to your desktop. Click to Download TDSSKiller
If for some reason you are unable to download the file then TDSS may be blocking it. What you can do is to download TDSSKiller from a clean computer then transfer it to any external drive or USB flash drive.
- Not that simple as running a regular program. The creator of the google redirect virus is smart enough to know what TDSSKiller can do. But don’t worry we’re wiser than him. First, rename TDSSKiller by right-clicking the TDSSKiller.exe icon from your desktop and select RENAME. Now you can edit the name with any name you want but do not forget that it should end with the .com extension. For example, asdfgh.com or 14344.com. Now that it is wearing a mask, you can proceed with the running of the program.
- Click the Start scan button to scan your computer for TDSS infection. It will then display a result screen to find out any infection was on your computer.
- If the infection is on your computer, you can get rid of google redirect virus by clicking the Continue button. The TDSSKiller will now work on attempting to clear your computer from the infection. If you do not get the message Cure, then just choose the default action Skip and press Continue. Do not attempt to change it to Delete or Quarantine as it may also delete the infected files that are needed for Windows to operate properly.
- Once finished, it will give you a report stating whether the cleaning operation is successful. Reboot is required to finish the cleaning process, so click on the Reboot now button and let it finish the removal of the TDSS infection.
Removing Google Redirect Virus using with FixTDSS.exe
In some cases the TDSSKiller fails to do the job even after renaming the program. If you are unable to remove the virus using TDSSKiller, you can use FixTDSS by Symantec. Follow the steps below to remove google redirect virus using FixTDSS.
- Download the FixTDSS.exe tool from Symantec
- Run FixTDSS.exe then then click the Proceed button to begin the process and allow the tool to complete the cleaning
- Restart your computer
- After reboot, The tool will provide you the scan and cleaning results.
- Check if the Google redirect virus is gone.
Removing Google Redirect Virus using Fix Redirect Virus
Fix Google Redirect Virus using FixBrowserRedirect
How to remove Google Redirect Virus manually
- Go to Drive C: (or Wherever drive your Windows is installed)
- Go to Windows –> System32 –> drivers –> etc folder
- Look for the host file
- Reset your host file – Here is the instruction on how you can easily reset your Windows host file