You are doing some searches using Yahoo, but after you click one of the links in the yahoo search result, you were redirected to advertising related malicious page. Same result happens when you click other links. If you’ve been experiencing this problem, you’re a certified victim of Yahoo redirect Virus. Don’t worry its not only Yahoo, even Google has this kind of virus.
What is Yahoo Redirect Virus
Yahoo Redirect Virus is a virus known as browser hijacker that is programmed to hijack browsers like Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox by modifying the MS Windows hosts file’s DNS settings. This caused the redirection to malicious sites when a user clicks any link in search engines search result. When that happens, the Yahoo Redirect Virus may inject corrupt file into the Windows Registry and overwhelm your screen with popups. Yahoo redirect virus can also alter and affect important system files, slows down your computer or transmit personal info to remote servers of hackers.
How can you get infected by Yahoo Redirect Virus:
- Peer to peer sharing and sending of files.
- Using of injected USB device.
- Downloading codec, games, movies, videos or even music files.
- Clicking on spam links through websites, email or affected websites.
What are the signs that you’ve been infected by the Yahoo Redirect Virus
- re-installation of manually erased corrupted files
- Pop up windows
- Blue screen errors
- Redirection to malicious sites when you use search engine searches
Some clones and aliases used by Yahoo Redirect Virus are goodbazar.com, aeroworld.de, qualitylinksusa.com, freecitytour.net, allgive.com, mycoupons.com, eofferscheap.com, aximfind, searching4all.com, travelsense-search.com, internetsitefind.info so take note of that!
Finally, here are the steps in removing Yahoo Redirect Virus
How can you get rid of Yahoo Redirect Virus?
- Fix your Yahoo Redirect Virus problem using tdsskiller – Click for the instruction here
How to remove Yahoo Redirect Virus manually
- Go to Drive C: (or Wherever drive your Windows is installed)
- Go to Windows –> System32 –> drivers –> etc folder
- Look for the host file
- Reset your host file – Here is the instruction on how you can easily reset your Windows host file
Fix Yahoo Redirect Virus using FixBrowserRedirect
FixBrowserRedirect™ is a great tool that will help you remove Internet browser problems such as Yahoo redirect. You will also free tools, video tutorials and textual walk-through instructions to remove any Internet browser hijacked redirect virus, search engine redirect virus and Webmail redirect virus along with FixBrowserRedirect software. FixBrowserRedirect is compatible to any version of Windows and with any web browser.