If you are starting to notice that your Firefox is running slow then it is because your Firefox is eating too much ram.
Even the best browser is not perfect, but the good thing about Firefox is that you have the luxury to fix some of it’s troubles and tweak it’s settings.
Of course, the best way to fix issue is to upgrade your ram stick, but what if you don’t have the budget for the upgrade? here is a very quick and simple trick to limit your Firefox ram usage.
1. Type in about:config on your firefox address bar. It will will show a list of configuration but be careful on modifying any value. Don’t touch anything that you don’t know.
2. Scroll down and look for browser.cache.disk.capacity
3. Edit it’s value by double clicking it.
4. By default it is set to 50000, change it to a lower value depending on your memory. I only have a 1gb of ram so I changed it to 20000.
5. Restart your Firefox and feel the difference.