Viruses are everywhere if you were unlucky and unprotected you will be one of it’s victims. Jay.exe virus infects internal and removable drives. Unfortunately some of the antivirus available aren’t good enough to remove this virus but manually removing this pest can do the trick. Here’s how you should do it.
Follow this steps to locate all the mveo.exe and jay.exe files,
1. open windows explorer window
2. click tools then click folder options
3. select view tab
4. on the hidden files and folders menu tick on show hidden files and folders.
5. uncheck hide extensions for known file types
6. uncheck hide protected operating system files (recommended)
7. click apply then OK
Next we will have to remove the jay.exe and mveo.exe files
1. Press ctrl+alt+del to open taask manager
2. In the processes tab look for the mveo.exe and end process.
To delete all the jay.exe and mveo files, search for it using the search for files and folder option in the start menu.
1. type jay.exe in the searchbar
2. click more advanced option
3. put a check on search hidden files and folders
4. then click on start search
5. delete all jay.exe entries
6. repeat steps 1-5 to search for mveo.exe
7. also delete autorun.inf file
To delete registry entries
1. click on start
2. click on run
3. in the run text box type regedit
4. press ctrl+f and type in the textbox jay.exe
5. delete all entires having jay.exe entries
6. press F3 to search the next entry.
note: if an entry is in c:\windows… edit the value and go to the end of the string and
delete only the jay.exe text on the end of the string
To edit the IE windows back to its original name:
1. open regedit
2. press ctrl+f
3. type in the searchbar window title
4. If the value that appears has the jaymyka.wen9.com value, change it to Internet Explorer
note: this would be the title bar of your Internet Explorer.
After all of these steps are done:
try to look again for the jay.exe and mveo.exe files using the search for files and folders application of windows.
after deleting all those files restart your computer.