In Windows 7 the Start Menu’s search box are mainly use to search for any files and applications on your PC but did you know that you can also make your Start Menu search box search the internet? Windows 7 has this, follow the steps below to enable this feature.
Important note: This tip will not work on Home Premium, Starter, or Home Basic editions of Windows 7.
- On your Start Menu search box, type GPEDIT.MSC and press Enter to run the Group Policy Editor.
- On the Group Policy Editor go to User Configuration
- Click on Administrative Templates
- Select Start Menu and Taskbar
- Double-click “Add Search Internet link to Start Menu,” and from the screen that appears, select Enabled. Then click OK and close the Group Policy Editor.
When you now type a search term in your Search box on the Start Menu, a “Search the Internet” link will appear. When you click the link it will launch the search in your default browser with your default search engine.