Do you ever feel bad that whenever you restart your PC or laptop, it takes a while for all the programs to load? Do you also notice that some programs load during the start-up even if you are not prompting it to? Do you notice unneeded programs running in the background?
All of these Startup programs contribute in slowing down your computer’s overall system performance and booting time. Literally, these programs add to your computer’s load and slowing down its performance. If you are thinking of hiring a technician to solve your problem, save your bucks! You yourself can do it without any help from technician. All you have to do is use selective start up and choose programs you want to get rid of during Startup.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Click Start/Window Orb -> Run -> then type “msconfig” without the “. (Start button can be found in the lower left corner in your task bar.
- If you cannot see the RUN command, here is my post on How to Add the Run Command in Windows 7 Start Menu
- You can also directly type “msconfig” in the search program and file box when you click Start.
- In the System Configuration utility, look for the Startup tab and click it.
- Now, you can uncheck all the programs that you wish not to load during computer Startup. Check all the programs that you seldom use and doesn’t necessarily need to load and run in the background. Once you’re done, click OK and choose whether to restart your computer or exit without restarting. Note that changes will apply after you restart your computer.
- After rebooting, you will be shown a prompt of being in a selective Startup. Just clink the box that state not to receive the prompt then click ok.
If you want to learn more about Selective Start up and other way to disable it, you may read other ways to disable Windows Startup Programs