Warning: Illegal string offset 'gasd_addtopost' in /home3/coolenvision/addons/pctechnotes.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-gasd/wp-gasd.php on line 179
Warning: Illegal string offset 'gasd_addtopage' in /home3/coolenvision/addons/pctechnotes.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-gasd/wp-gasd.php on line 180
Hewlett-Packard has been planning to enter the Android tablet market in order to address the ever increasing interest in tablets among clients and the industry. In this contest HP’s new Android tablet, Slate 7 which was launched at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in the city of Barcelona, in Spain on 24 February 2013, is an essential first step. It is speedy and reactive tablet which will be made available in the United States of America in April 2013 at an affordable price of $169.
Specifications of Slate 7 are as follows:
- Hardware – The display screen is a 7 inch in diagonal and has High-aperture-ratio Field Fringe Switching (HFFS) and LCD touchscreen with a display resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The HFFS panel provides large viewing angles for easy screening of photographs, films, documents and games even in low lighting conditions, like outdoors. It weighs about 370 grams and has a grey or red stainless steel frame of 1.07 cm thickness with a comfy soft feel at the back.
- Operating system – It will run on the Jelly Bean 4.1 power of Android.
- Software – It is compatible with Google Play and a set HP application that include select games and software tools.
- Processor – It has a 1.6 Ghz ARM Cortex A9 dual-core processor.
- Camera – It has two cameras one facing the back and another facing the front. The camera at the back is of 3 megapixels shooter and the camera in the front is a VGA web camera that can be used for capturing videos and photographs and also for chatting.
- Battery – The battery provides five hours of backup for video.
- Memory – It has 8 GB of memory, which can be expanded using a micro storage device (microSD).
- Ports – It supports a micro USB port that allows consumers to transfer files smoothly.
- Connectivity – It includes Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1.
- Audio – It has nested Beats Audio stereo speakers which provide the best-sounding and richest acoustic experience obtainable on a tablet.
- Other features – It has the HP ePrint application that can be used for wireless printing at home as well as on-the-go making it possible for customers to effortlessly print from most devices.
Added benefits of Slate 7 include the following:
- This consumer tablet allows customers access to Google services like Google+ Hangouts, Google Now, Google Drive, Google Search, YouTube and Gmail via Google Play. Access to important applications and the internet is possible due to the incorporated wireless.
- It can be easily upgraded to subsequent adaptations of Android as it does not display the user interface like Sense or TouchWiz.
- HP will offer a range of uncomplicated and support resources and tools that are easily accessible and will allow customers to get the complete benefit of all of the aspects of Slate 7.
- HP is also providing customers the option of increasing the limited customary product warranty along with the general telephone and online support.
About the Author: Samantha Kirk is a writer for Centurylink Internet. Samantha provides up to date content and information for high-speed internet, phone services, bundles and other Centurylink offers